Tuesday, February 2, 2016
Red Ribbon Week
THE STORY BEHIND REDRIBBON WEEK
What is Red Ribbon Week?
Enrique "Kiki" Camarena was a special man. He went to college, served in the marines and became a police officer.He went to work for the US government and he told his mom, "I'm only one person, but I want to make a difference." In February of 1985, he was killed in the line of duty. He was investigating people for selling drugs to people in the U.S.. His friends and family created a club to honor his memory. Members of the club pledged to live drug free. Now , Red Ribbon Week is celebrated to help remember Agent Camarena and what he stood for.
Red Ribbon Week:
• Takes place throughout the nation the last full week of October.
• Students get the chance to take a stand against drugs!
• Helps everyone make the right choices when it comes to drugs and alcohol
What are Drugs?
Drugs are chemicals that change the way a person's body works. Sometimes that is good. Sometimes that is not good.
If you have ever been sick and had to take medicine, you already know about the good uses of drugs.
Medicines are drugs that doctors are allowed to prescribe for patients, stores can sell them, and people are allowed to buy them. But it is NOT safe for people to use these medicines in any way other than the way their doctor told them to.
- ► 2018 (40)
- ► 2017 (91)
- Tim's Coffee Shop: Competitive Analysis
- Eating in Restaurants
- Positive and Negative Experiences in the Hospitali...
- Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Business Case Stud...
- Implementing Lean in a Software Services Organizat...
- Operations Management: Improving TQM in a Manufact...
- Letter to the Shareholders
- Student Run Internship Organization
- The Importance of Time Management
- Bachelors Graduate Resume Example
- Internship Reflection Essay
- Professional Development Plan
- Operations Management Research Analysis Proposal
- Professional Skills Assessment Paper
- Internship Management Report
- Marketing Research for International Expansion
- Disney Global Marketing Strategy Memo
- Written Communication Skills are Essential
- Human Resources Technology
- Consulting Company Internship Reflections
- New Balance Hubway: The Healthy Way
- Timeshare Sales Guide: A Visionary Journey
- Standard Contract Release Form
- How to start your own Wedding Video Business
- Marketing Research Perspectives
- Self Actualization Skills Assessment
- HR Recruiters and Onboarding Specialists
- Restaurant Business Plan
- Environmenal Analysis for Global Expansion
- Lessons in Event Management: When Conference Atten...
- Management versus Leadership
- Quality Management
- Building Teams
- Red Ribbon Week
- Consulting to Improve an Organization
- ▼ February (35)
Business Case: Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Operations Management Report Table of Content...