Thursday, February 11, 2016
The Importance of Time Management
Time plays a crucial role in our lives. Time is an important factor in life. It's critically important to start challenging anything that waste time and effort to control how much time is spent on different activities, Prioritizing daily tasks is crucial.
By looking for ways to manage time proficiently, consider information about Maslow’s time management theory. Time management is the ability to plan and control how you spend the hours in your day to effectively accomplish your goals. (Psychology Today, 2015)
In consonance with Maslow’s theory, it is very substantial to match individual time with special needs. The efficient use of time should help encounter higher objectives of fulfillment, spirituality and well-being. On the other hand, in the interests of greater efficiency, if we sacrifice bigger things like purpose, meaning and satisfaction with our lives, then it is a moot victory.
Maslow’s theory stresses understanding of personal needs, differentiates them, and set time limits on getting tasks done. As soon as an individual understands personal needs, the person can differentiate between them and set a time period to fulfil them. (Time Management Toa, 2015)
Ralph W. Emerson said: “This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it.” Knowing what to do means creating to do list, be viciously realistic and stick only to those tasks you will do. Thinking about a task, not time it takes to complete, help to devote time to critical chores daily. Much recent neuroscience research tells us that the brain doesn’t really do tasks simultaneously. Each switch uses a cognitive cost and a lot of time. It takes time to get mentally back into the task, as a consequence making us less efficient.
In accordance with Pickle Jar theory, filling a day with small trivial tasks that are not important prevents one from using that time to complete larger or more important tasks and projects. The inside of a pickle jar symbolizes somebody’s time. All individual’s commitments and tasks are represented by rocks, pebbles, sand and water that are placed in the jar. Based on this theory, rocks are the important things that required immediate attention and produce a colossal benefit when they accomplished. Pebbles producing benefits but they are not as essential as larger rocks. Grains of sand characterizes small, time - consuming tasks that are easy to do but are all of little importance. Finally, water presents the tasks and idle moments that fill all the remaining space.
The main repetition for this theory is necessitating to know which tasks are rocks and which are sand, and which task is requiring immediate attention. For example, the key responsibilities or goals are represented by the rocks that occupy most of the space. This infers dedication of more time to such goals. The pebbles symbolize hobbies that require comparatively less significant amount of time than the important goals. Last but not least, the daily chores are the sand particles that get placed perfectly between goals and hobbies. The distractive force in life that takes away individual’s attention from the path of success is the water.
Time management is a valued factor in daily life. By studying time management theories, practices and techniques to organize, plan and schedule different activities and even achieve some personal goals. You need time to get what you want out of life. If you wait for extra time to appear, you might lose the game of life. Through perfecting time management, it is possible to “create” the time needed, and not just wait for it to come. By planning your time wisely, its possible to have more time to do more things. (Rob, 2015)
Psychology Today. (2015). Retrieved from Time Management: https://www.psychologytoday.com/basics/time-management
Rob, D. B. (2015). My Time Management Secrets. Retrieved from Take Back Control of Your Time and Life: http://www.mytimemanagementsecrets.com
Time Management Toa. (2015). Retrieved from Time Management : http://timemanagementtao.com/
- ► 2018 (43)
- ► 2017 (91)
- Tim's Coffee Shop: Competitive Analysis
- Eating in Restaurants
- Positive and Negative Experiences in the Hospitali...
- Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Business Case Stud...
- Implementing Lean in a Software Services Organizat...
- Operations Management: Improving TQM in a Manufact...
- Letter to the Shareholders
- Student Run Internship Organization
- The Importance of Time Management
- Bachelors Graduate Resume Example
- Internship Reflection Essay
- Professional Development Plan
- Operations Management Research Analysis Proposal
- Professional Skills Assessment Paper
- Internship Management Report
- Marketing Research for International Expansion
- Disney Global Marketing Strategy Memo
- Written Communication Skills are Essential
- Human Resources Technology
- Consulting Company Internship Reflections
- New Balance Hubway: The Healthy Way
- Timeshare Sales Guide: A Visionary Journey
- Standard Contract Release Form
- How to start your own Wedding Video Business
- Marketing Research Perspectives
- Self Actualization Skills Assessment
- HR Recruiters and Onboarding Specialists
- Restaurant Business Plan
- Environmenal Analysis for Global Expansion
- Lessons in Event Management: When Conference Atten...
- Management versus Leadership
- Quality Management
- Building Teams
- Red Ribbon Week
- Consulting to Improve an Organization
- ▼ February (35)
Business Case: Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Operations Management Report Table of Content...