Search This Blog

Friday, September 30, 2016

Human Resources is My Career Goal

Human Resources is My Career Goal


My short term goals consist of having a successful career in either event planning or human resources. Since taking this class, human resources is really my goal now that I have essentially earned my associates degree by completing this class and this last semester. My other goal would be to earn my bachelor’s degree.
            I intend to reach these goals by following up with the University Career Job Services department and start working on several things, such as my resume and doing mock interviews. By reviewing these skills and by working on things such as job interview skills, I will achieve these goals. Also I will begin to start doing more in depth job searches and updating my resume with my newly acquired associates degree.  I will further my education goal by enrolling in the next semester of classes to start working on my bachelor’s degree.
            The area I am looking at going into for my bachelor’s degree is the health sciences medical degree. This would allow me to work in a medical office setting, something that is a flourishing and much needed occupation in the state of Oklahoma. Doing this type of training would allow me to do also be qualified for a human resources position in a medical office environment.
                        With an associate’s degree, entering the office environment as an office clerk would be ideal for a starting position and to get my career established and started. Starting at this entry level job with an associate’s degree would start out around $28,670. The skill set is basically office general skills and learning the office tasks.  
            For a medical office administration manager with a bachelor’s degree, one can expect to make  about $92,470 (2014 Median Pay, n.d.) This of course would vary in the state  you live in and the demand needed for the job. Based on the career choice I have made, there is no way to compare the skill set for an associate’s degree versus a bachelor’s degree because the only way to obtain this position is to have a bachelor’s degree (Summary, n.d.) The difference in the skill set are minimal, however, the part of managing the entire office is the biggest difference between the two positions. As for the salary, earning the bachelor’s degree will most defiantly pay off.
            The skillsets that are different than the ones I have now are the medical side of the business. I lack experience of running an office but feel if I continue on with school, I will be ready to perform as a human resources medical administration manager. Once  I get the training from the bachelor’s program, which includes a lot of medical classes, I will be set for the position.
            I don’t see my lifetime career goals changing a whole lot simply because I have practically raised my children and this has been a lifelong dream of mine to achieve my degrees. Becoming a single parent so early in life, just out of high school, really impacted my life. I have made my goals centered around my children and I feel like the career goals I have are in place for the long run.

References

2014 Median Pay. (n.d.). Retrieved January 24, 2016, from http://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/home.htm

Summary. (n.d.). Retrieved January 24, 2016, from http://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment

Today's Top Picks for Our Readers:
Recommended by Recommended by NetLine

Blog Archive

Featured Post

Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Business Case Study

Business Case:   Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare    Operations Management Report   Table of Content...

Translate