Search This Blog

Friday, September 30, 2016

Making Career Moves

Making Career Moves


I am a recent graduate of the University MBA program. I am looking towards working outside the country for a change. My course relates to international marketing and this necessitates my need to gain international experience. I have already worked in several stints locally but despite having travelled to various countries, am yet to work outside my home country. I love interacting with people from different cultural backgrounds.
            In the majority of countries, English is spoken in ideal numbers among the middle class. The main preference is to move to a country where English is the primary language although I would also be comfortable with Chinese or Portuguese. Presently I speak a little of Portuguese and Chinese which will help with communication in the place of work. I am adept at using social media platforms at a corporate level and also equipped with computer skills for making and analyzing reports. I am flexible in terms of my working arrangement. I am able to work under contract or in a part time arrangement. At the moment, I do not have a family thus relocation will not be an issue. This will give me an opportunity to work within a different cultural environment. I have previously travelled to Europe where I learned a bit of Portuguese and French look forward to travelling to experience other cultures. I am also fluent in Chinese which I speak regularly with my grandmother who happens to be multilingual. Knowledge in different languages helps greatly in cultural integration.
            I have worked as a team leader in part time jobs locally during the summers. The jobs have mostly been with import/export companies. I have experience in leading a team and also preparing accounts and finance reports for teams. The campaign of choice to market mix will be between social media advertising and personal selling. In addition, I will send my applications for employment to prospective employers via email. I would prefer if the employer had a place for me to live during my engagement even if the cost for meeting the same were deducted from my pay. This will ensure that I get a convenient place to live in relation to my work. I am open to meeting the travel costs upfront but it would be nice if the employer could reimburse or cater for costs of later travel. I have already acquired all necessary travel documents (passport and visa clearance) to travel to any country in the world.
            I have already completed my semester and am open to start as soon as the employer needs me. In relation to my personal days, I do expect to have similar treatment to the locals to avoid a situation where there is a notion that I get to enjoy preferential treatment. In relation to remuneration, a stipend of a minimum $2,000 a month would be welcome in the event that I will have to cater for personal accommodation. I am also open to working as an intern if this will then be used as an assessment for me to be absorbed as a full time employee. I am open to working in Asia, Europe, Africa or South America.
            The most important factor for me is to be able to gain employment in a different cultural environment to be able to put my skills into practical use. I have a preference for Africa and Asia as the two continents are dissimilar to America and Europe and would offer a very diverse experience. I am also open to working in an office or in the field as may be required.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Today's Top Picks for Our Readers:
Recommended by Recommended by NetLine

Blog Archive

Featured Post

Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Business Case Study

Business Case:   Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare    Operations Management Report   Table of Content...

Translate