Search This Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Post Associates Degree Goal Planning

Post Associates Degree Goal Planning

            Short term goals are something you wish to achieve in the near future (Iseek, 2016).  Usually a short term goal will lead up to your long term goals and there is not a specific time frame on these goals but they should occur sooner than long term goals.  My short term goals included finishing up my Associates degree which I am only days from achieving.  This goal will lead me to my next goal which will be to get my Bachelor’s degree.
            According to the occupational handbook, a top executive in a business would require a bachelor’s degree, plenty of work experience, and median pay salaries would be about $102,750 (US Dept of Labor, 2015).  I picked this example because my long term goal is to use my work experience and college degrees to become a top executive in a business.  It is important to know that conducting internships can help on your resume along with previous job experience in the field.
            Top executive positions require a Bachelor’s degree at a minimum.  Therefore, if all you have is an associate’s degree you may not have a chance at these types of positions.  A master’s degree will make you an even better candidate for the position and will most likely supersede someone who has a Bachelors.  In my case, I am about to earn my associates degree and should certainly continue on to my Bachelor’s degree in order to be more marketable for this position.
            My lifetime career goals would possible change after learning this information because I may want to begin internships at companies that can give me some on the job training.  I may also want to look into starting my bachelor’s degree as soon as possible and possibly continuing on to a master’s degree.  It is also a good idea to have a running resume, which means that I will update it as I have changes in jobs, experience, or skills.  This will facilitate me having a resume prepared in the event that a position that I am interested in becomes open to me.

I Seek (2016).  What is a short-term goal?  Retrieved from https://www.iseek.org/mymncareers/english-learner/short-term-goal.html
United States Department of Labor (2015).  Occupational Outlook Handbook.  Retrieved from http://www.bls.gov/ooh/occupation-finder.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment

Today's Top Picks for Our Readers:
Recommended by Recommended by NetLine

Blog Archive

Featured Post

Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Business Case Study

Business Case:   Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare    Operations Management Report   Table of Content...

Translate