Friday, April 5, 2019
Information Power in Customer Service
This situation would be influenced by information power. Information power is derived from possessing knowledge that others want or need (Northouse, 2016, p. 10). The other employees may suspect that something is going on but it is important that a manager with the correct information meet with them and relay this information.
The Customer Service team needs to understand that their goodwill effort to save the Director of Customer Service’s job may cause some tension because it is such a personal and possibly life-changing decision. As people struggle with their personal finances, some may question whether they can afford to help others. Peer pressure can also play into a person’s decision whether to take a pay cut (Ailworth, 2009). Since the Director of Customer Service is being terminated, it now becomes the VP of Marketing’s job to caution and counsel these employees so that they make the best decision for their situation. Obviously, you would have to tell the employees that you would have to check with upper management first to get approval for employees to take such a pay cut. Will this pay cut also mean a reduction in job responsibilities? Are there any legal ramifications involved in this decision regarding their employment? There are many factors that must be explored before an answer can be given. You would also have to determine your own situation before giving them an answer as to whether you would take a pay cut as well. This is not a decision that should be rushed into because it can have some long-lasting impacts.
- Motorola is a reputed smartphone brand
- IT strategies enhance the value of the firm
- system development cycle
- Important points about the alignment of IT with th...
- Boise Cascade Corporation Alternative Systems Deve...
- Poor communication hurts strategy
- Role of IT in supply chain operation of IKEA
- Hotel Contract Signature Page
- Perspectives on Accenture and Intel
- IT and Business Goals
- Hotel Contract Claims And Disputes and Arbitration...
- Importance of Training in Strategy
- IT Business Objectives
- Systems Development and Project Management
- Information Systems Development
- Hotel Contract Obligations of the Hotel
- Strategy planning
- Rapid technological developments
- System Development
- Hotel Contract Indemnification and Insurance
- Information Systems Strategy
- Sustaining Business IT alignment
- Development of the IT strategic plan
- IT Strategy is Critical to Success
- Leadership Strategic Decision-Making
- The importance of aligning IT strategies with busi...
- Hotel Contract Rights of Termination for Cause
- Business IT Allignment
- Information strategy is critical
- IT Alignment with Business Strategy
- Creating Business Value with IT
- Utilizing IT Strategy
- Hotel Contract Changes and Cancellation
- Success of Strategy depends on implementation succ...
- Aligning Information Technology with Business Stra...
- IT Strategy
- Aligning the business and IT goals
- Hotel Contract Billing Arrangements
- Hotel Contract Reservation Procedures
- Hotel Contract for Food and Beverage
- One Day in Shanghai
- Hotel Contract for Room Block Attrition
- Restaurant Sommelier Memo Notice of New Grape Vari...
- Hotel Contract for Commission, Complimentary Rooms...
- What to know about machine learning and customer s...
- Hotel Contract for Group Room Rates
- Leading a Big Team Is Different from Leading a Sma...
- Does IT Matter Research Kit
- Mount Forest Vineyards Business Memo
- Contemporary Job Search Tips for 2019
- Information Power in Customer Service
- Using Expert Power in Human Resources
- Wine Training memo
- Terminating a family member
- The External Marketing Environment in the Global M...
- Termination Process
- Hotel Contract Policies
- Work Values
- ▼ April (58)
- ► 2018 (43)
- ► 2017 (91)
- ► 2016 (177)
Business Case: Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Operations Management Report Table of Content...