Mount Forest Vineyards
Action Plan for Hail Storm
It has come to my attention that we have absolutely no plan of action or system in place if there is a hailstorm in our vineyards here at Mount Forest. Being that this is a new vineyard, we cannot afford any major setbacks that a hailstorm could undoubtedly provide. Tis is why I am going to discuss our different options along with the overall plan of action we will take in order to make sure that our investment of time and effort is not wasted on these vineyards.
There are some options I have found that will be more of a preventative approach followed by a plan of action. One of the most historically used methods to deter hail and protect the crops is the use ultrasound. In the past it was either through a bell that when rung it emitted a sonic wave therefore disrupting the hails ability to form resulting in minimal danger to the crops. Today shockwave cannons and rockets are used to achieve the same results and are even more effective. (Jones, 2007) This of course can be noisy but since we have no neighbors in the immediate vicinity this will be out last line of defense from hail. We will be firing and / or launching our shockwave emitting weapons during storms to aid in the protection of what will already be in place as the first line of defense against hail.
In order to give our crops the best overall protection we will be using a specific type of netting for vineyards that not only protect our grapes from hail but also from birds, flying insects, harmful UV rays, and heavy winds. This system can be used as a full enclosure, a zone type system, and even a deployable curtain type system. (Smart Net Systems, 2014) At any point and time we can configure this system to match the needs of whatever stage the grapes are in in order to ensure protection throughout all stages of growth.
In addition to all to all of these methods we will take out a crop insurance for unforeseeable acts of god that no one person or thing could prevent. This way if all of our contingencies fail we will be covered through insurance and will build again.
The reason there is so much urgency to protect these vineyards from hail is because it can be one of the most destructive elements to a vineyard, sometimes destroying an entire vineyard in a matter of ten minutes. Hail can split the skins of grapes, shred vegetation, and even completely strip a plant depending on how dense the hail is. Physical protection of these grapes is of the utmost importance for a successful vineyard.
Smart Net Systems. (2014). Vineyard netting. Retrieved from http://www.smart-net-systems.com/agricultural-nets/vineyards-netting
Jones, N. (2007). Hail! Retrieved from http://www.oxfordwine.co.uk/features/winter_07/hail.html
Saturday, April 6, 2019
Mount Forest Vineyards Business Memo
- Motorola is a reputed smartphone brand
- IT strategies enhance the value of the firm
- system development cycle
- Important points about the alignment of IT with th...
- Boise Cascade Corporation Alternative Systems Deve...
- Poor communication hurts strategy
- Role of IT in supply chain operation of IKEA
- Hotel Contract Signature Page
- Perspectives on Accenture and Intel
- IT and Business Goals
- Hotel Contract Claims And Disputes and Arbitration...
- Importance of Training in Strategy
- IT Business Objectives
- Systems Development and Project Management
- Information Systems Development
- Hotel Contract Obligations of the Hotel
- Strategy planning
- Rapid technological developments
- System Development
- Hotel Contract Indemnification and Insurance
- Information Systems Strategy
- Sustaining Business IT alignment
- Development of the IT strategic plan
- IT Strategy is Critical to Success
- Leadership Strategic Decision-Making
- The importance of aligning IT strategies with busi...
- Hotel Contract Rights of Termination for Cause
- Business IT Allignment
- Information strategy is critical
- IT Alignment with Business Strategy
- Creating Business Value with IT
- Utilizing IT Strategy
- Hotel Contract Changes and Cancellation
- Success of Strategy depends on implementation succ...
- Aligning Information Technology with Business Stra...
- IT Strategy
- Aligning the business and IT goals
- Hotel Contract Billing Arrangements
- Hotel Contract Reservation Procedures
- Hotel Contract for Food and Beverage
- One Day in Shanghai
- Hotel Contract for Room Block Attrition
- Restaurant Sommelier Memo Notice of New Grape Vari...
- Hotel Contract for Commission, Complimentary Rooms...
- What to know about machine learning and customer s...
- Hotel Contract for Group Room Rates
- Leading a Big Team Is Different from Leading a Sma...
- Does IT Matter Research Kit
- Mount Forest Vineyards Business Memo
- Contemporary Job Search Tips for 2019
- Information Power in Customer Service
- Using Expert Power in Human Resources
- Wine Training memo
- Terminating a family member
- The External Marketing Environment in the Global M...
- Termination Process
- Hotel Contract Policies
- Work Values
- ▼ April (58)
- ► 2018 (43)
- ► 2017 (91)
- ► 2016 (177)
Business Case: Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Operations Management Report Table of Content...