- Engaging commitment
- Setting long term strategic objectives for improved performance of the organization
- Generating strategic options
- Evaluating and deciding on strategies
- Monitoring implementation of the strategies against the long-term objectives. ("Essential components of strategic planning", 2019)
Saturday, May 11, 2019
The five essential components of strategic planning
From what I found online there are five essential components of strategic planning. If these components are carried out effectively, this type of planning can help reduce risk and dramatically improve long-term performance of your organization. The five key components are:
Pros of Strategic Planning:
Strategic planning provides the organization a sense of direction. Strategic planning also utilizes resources. Strategic planning can also be used to motivate the organization. Plans set performance standards therefore no one gets misled of the direction and operations of the organization.
However, strategic planning has its’ pitfalls. Plans can often prevent actions. Management can become so absorbed with the planning and focus more on the everything planning that they forget about actually implementing the strategic plan its self, this is referred to as “death by planning”. Making plans never gives any lead way to flexibility. Middle to lower level management may feel it is their duty to only follow the strategic plan even when the plan doesn’t actually work or may just need to be tweaked. Instead of reporting problems to upper managers so changes can be made, they will continue to devote time and resources to ineffective actions. ("Pros and Cons of Planning | Principles of Management", 2019)
Essential components of strategic planning. (2019). Retrieved from http://www.simply-strategic-planning.com/components-of-strategic-planning.html
- Apple Business Strategy
- Value creation, appropriation, and distribution
- Rewards and Incentives in strategy implementation
- Stellar Solutions Business Strategy Case Study
- The Protec Coating Company Strategy
- Rewards aid in strategy execution efforts
- Corporate Culture, rewards and incentives
- Motivational and reward practices
- Charleston Area Medical Center’s use of Six Sigma ...
- Strategy execution efforts of 3 companies
- Epic creates record keeping software for healthcar...
- Motivational Tactics for Strategy Execution
- Health Care and Six Sigma
- Evaluating how economics, government, and law affe...
- Processes and Procedures for Small Business
- Value and Values: Economics and Justice in an Age ...
- Information Technology Payoff in E-Business Enviro...
- The real essence of business: Create value for you...
- Value creation and value appropriation in innovati...
- Strategic planning in small and large businesses
- Aligning the vision and mission
- Why is strategic planning important?
- Entering foreign markets
- Strategic Planning Perspectives
- Leadership and management strategic decision-makin...
- Why is strategic planning important?
- CVS Caremark Strategy
- Leadership and Management Strategic Decision Makin...
- Stellar Solutions Strategy
- Single businesses and multi-business companies
- Strategic Planning is vital to an organization
- An empirical study about the status of business pr...
- Strategic Planning in Business
- Executive and consumer decision processes
- Small to medium size business strategy
- Strategic planning is important
- Initiating the strategic plan
- The five essential components of strategic plannin...
- Organizational interventions
- Strategy perspectives
- 3 Things to Do Before Running a Business Experimen...
- BPM-based integration of supply chain process mode...
- Small Business Owners
- Developing and Documenting Procedures in a Small B...
- Maersk Cyber Attack
- Analyze organizational processes and procedures in...
- Strategic Planning Process
- Decision Making Based On Management Information Sy...
- Integrated Business Planning
- Supply Chanin Management Processes
- Leaders Produce More Leaders
- ▼ May (51)
- ► 2018 (43)
- ► 2017 (91)
- ► 2016 (177)
Business Case: Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Operations Management Report Table of Content...