Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Negotiating with multiple Offers
In Florida, we are encountering many multiple offer situations in the market we are in. This information will give you a leg up in the negotiations. It will give you an opportunity to set your offer apart if we find ourselves in a situation where we are competing with other offers.
Our first instinct in this situation is to offer OVER asking price, but this may lead to appraisal and financing issues. Instead, if your clients really like the house and a lot of people are looking at it because the seller has priced it aggressively, you should be prepared to use one or more of these strategies to make your offer stand out:
1. Offer a large deposit. This proves to the sellers that you are serious and you’ll be less
Likely to walk away if little issues arise.
2. Get your financing pre‐approved and submit a commitment letter with the offer, so it is as strong as a cash offer.
3. Offer to buy a home protection plan warranty to protect both you and the seller in case of major mechanical failure. It will ensure the seller has no major expenses before closing should something break down.
4. Offer to pay $500 (or another amount) on closing towards the seller’s moving expenses. (ILO going over asking price) They can use a moving company of their choice.
5. Offer to pay a percentage (1%) of the seller’s commission to their real estate agent. It doesn’t inflate the purchase price, but puts more money in the seller’s pocket. (Not very customary but if the buyer is willing to go over the asking price – it makes no difference where that extra money is allocated)
6. The seller is responsible for paying title insurance; the buyer can offer to pay for it on the seller’s behalf. This will reduce their closing costs, putting more money in their pocket.
Chances are, none of the other offers you are competing with will include these incentives, so your offer will stand out head and shoulders above the others.
Successful agents are masters at being visible when needed and
available when called upon
- ► 2019 (222)
- ► 2018 (43)
- Two takes, Coke and Pepsi
- Managerial Ethics in Finance
- Ethics in Financial Management
- Wells Fargo Cutting Costs by Reforming Sales Pract...
- Improving Ethical Behavior
- Walmart Strategic Surveillance Control System
- RFID Technology as a Strategic Control System
- External and Global Environment
- Internal Analysis and Long-Term Objectives
- Real estate know your product
- Beating the Highest Offer
- Negotiating with multiple Offers
- Verbal script
- ARE YOU ALL IN ???
- WE CAN & WE WILL BE SUCCESSFUL !!
- Are you average?
- ARE YOU READY, WILLING & ABLE ???
- Want to own your Geo Farm?
- Learning to walk means getting back up!
- You have to Kiss a Lot of Frogs
- Faster, Higher, Stronger
- Realtors Must PICK UP THE PHONE
- Realtors must Appreciate how special you are!
- There are NO Perfect Houses
- The Roller Coaster of being a Realtor
- Act as If...
- 4P's of Motivation
- When Realtors say Why Me?...
- You have to get up every morning!
- Are You a One-Hit Wonder or Are You a RE Professio...
- I Can & I Will...
- Positive thinking is important in sales
- ▼ May (33)
- ► 2016 (177)
Business Case: Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Operations Management Report Table of Content...