Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Leadership and Management Strategic Decision Making
Whether in leadership or management roles strategic decisions must include strategic analysis. This …incorporates evaluating a company's internal potential and assessing its external environment…”( Moskalenko, 2018). It is highly desirable, like the greatest business models, leadership and managerial skills will both be present in one person. This is not usually the case. The greater companies fill their ranks with the skills needed and they work together towards success. Decision making of every type is played out in intricate, multifaceted, energetic and changing social systems. (Middlehurst, 2008) There is a difference, though, between leadership strategic decision making and management strategic decision making.
“Relationship-based leadership is grounded upon a leader’s genuine investment in the personal and professional development of their staff members, regardless of performance outcome” (Mazza, Steve Camping Magazine, 2016). This concurs with the idea that a great leader can relate to others in such a way as to extract more than was expected. Leadership decisions include, but are not limited to how to promote team interaction, how to maintain an intellectually safe environment, and how to build trust. “Leadership… is also the ability to get extraordinary achievement from ordinary people” (Khoshhal & Guraya, 2016).
“Leaders produce leaders and managers produce followers” (Khoshhal & Guraya, 2016). To be an effective leader in all capacities one must follow a proven path or blaze a new trail. The leader has the strategic decision making capability to construct a framework for future applications in the workplace. Leaders “make aimed at innovation and change basic strategies, intervene in conflict and risk taking (Celik, Gungor, Ozkul and Tuna, 2016)
Management is essentially a practical activity and managers use a range of knowledge and skills within their practice” (Hafford-Letchfield & Bourn, 2011). Management strategic decision making is following the plan of the leadership to accomplish a task.This aligns with Ms. Hairston’s statement that managers lean towards rationality and control in their strategic decision making. Managers are problem-solvers when making strategic decisions.
Hafford-Letchfield, T., & Bourn, D. (2011). ‘How Am I Doing?’: Advancing Management Skills Through the Use of a Multi-source Feedback Tool to Enhance Work-based Learning on a Post-qualifying Post-graduate Leadership and Management Programme. , (5), 497–511.
Khoshhal, K. I., & Guraya, S. Y. (2016). Leaders produce leaders and managers produce followers. A systematic review of the desired competencies and standard settings for physicians' leadership. Saudi medical journal, 37(10), 1061–1067. doi:10.15537/smj.2016.10.15620
Middlehurst, R. (2008). Not Enough Science or Not Enough Learning? Exploring the Gaps between Leadership Theory and
- Strategic planning in small and large businesses
- Aligning the vision and mission
- Why is strategic planning important?
- Entering foreign markets
- Strategic Planning Perspectives
- Leadership and management strategic decision-makin...
- Why is strategic planning important?
- CVS Caremark Strategy
- Leadership and Management Strategic Decision Makin...
- Stellar Solutions Strategy
- Single businesses and multi-business companies
- Strategic Planning is vital to an organization
- An empirical study about the status of business pr...
- Strategic Planning in Business
- Executive and consumer decision processes
- Small to medium size business strategy
- Strategic planning is important
- Initiating the strategic plan
- The five essential components of strategic plannin...
- Organizational interventions
- Strategy perspectives
- 3 Things to Do Before Running a Business Experimen...
- BPM-based integration of supply chain process mode...
- Small Business Owners
- Developing and Documenting Procedures in a Small B...
- Maersk Cyber Attack
- Analyze organizational processes and procedures in...
- Strategic Planning Process
- Decision Making Based On Management Information Sy...
- Integrated Business Planning
- Supply Chanin Management Processes
- Leaders Produce More Leaders
- ▼ May (32)
- ► 2018 (43)
- ► 2017 (91)
- ► 2016 (177)
Business Case: Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Operations Management Report Table of Content...