Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Consumer decision making process on Ford Vehicle


Consumer Decision Making Process: Ford General Motors

Visiting the Ford Motors website the site reveals several interesting things about the company. The alternative vehicle line Ford offers is designed to give the customer several options for the vehicle use type. For example, Ford offers commercial vehicles. They don’t simply offer one vehicle but several different types of commercial vehicles. The company has also built different model types for each individual commercial vehicle. One commercial vehicle available for sale is the E-Series Van.  There are two types of E-Series Vans. One has enhanced technology and windows and the other is without those features.
The vehicle that Ford offers which is most relevant to my needs is there Ford Fusion Energi SE. The vehicle has a EPA-Est MPG of 108/92 city/hwy. This vehicle suits my needs best because I drive far distances for work and with the increase MPG I could drastically save on fuel costs. Also, the Ford Fusion Energi SE is a full size sedan. I need a vehicle with ample storage and room for large items.
The VALS survey results describe me as follows:
(Primary VALS Type) Innovator - Image is important to Innovators, not as evidence of status or power but as an expression of their taste, independence, and personality. Innovators are among the established and emerging leaders in business and government, yet they continue to seek challenges. Their lives are characterized by variety. Their possessions and recreation reflect a cultivated taste for the finer things in life.
(Secondary VALS Type) Experiencers are avid consumers and spend a comparatively high proportion of their income on fashion, entertainment, and socializing. Their purchases reflect the emphasis that they place on looking good and having "cool" stuff.
I found the description of my secondary VALT Type most interesting. I usually consider myself a saver but have recently found that I too am a very big consumer. I do take my time to shop for quality products though. I believe my Primary VALS Type is spot on with my personality. I really enjoy taking charge of other people and have grown personally in leadership positions. For this reason I am never satisfied with my own work.
The VALS Survey relates to my vehicle choice because of the Ford Fusion Energi SE is really efficient and has a sleek body design that screams quality vehicle in my eyes.  That fits in with my primary and secondary VALS type.
The three factors that mostly affect my decision to purchase the Ford Fusion Energi SE are Individual Factors, Cultural Factors, and Psychological Factors (Lamb et al., 2012, p. 85). The Individual Factors associated with my decision deal with my age and self-concept.  The vehicle is sleek in design and would give me the assurance that it can keep be efficient with my lifestyle. The Cultural Factors associated with my decision deal with social class. In some ways the vehicle has a very traditional body style that resonates with the area I live in. The Psychological Factors associated with my decision to purchase the vehicle deal with my perception.  I want to think of myself as being clean and organized. This features of the Ford Fusion does that easily with a new age design.
 Reference
Lamb, C. W., Hair, J. F., & McDaniel, C. (2012). MKTG5. Mason, OH: South-
            Western, Cengage.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Today's Top Picks for Our Readers:
Recommended by Recommended by NetLine

Featured Post

Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Business Case Study

Business Case:   Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare    Operations Management Report   Table of Content...

Translate