Search This Blog

Saturday, March 30, 2019

Occupational Outlook Handbook





The occupational outlook handbook is a great resource. It can show me what careers are out there and what the outlook for them are. I think that it will be a great resource for me looking for a career after graduation. The BLS or the Bureau of Labor Statistics, arranges data about occupations into 25 noteworthy gatherings. Clients can check bunches that appear to be identified with their interests and discover arrangements of particular employments identified with the gathering with the end goal to examine alternatives. There are 25 word related groups in the OOH are design and building; expressions and structure; network and social administration; PC and data innovation; development and extraction; instruction, preparing and library; excitement and sports; cultivating, angling and ranger service; nourishment planning and serving; medicinal services; establishment, upkeep and fix; legitimate; life physical and sociology, administration; math; media and correspondence; military; office and managerial help; individual consideration and administration; creation; defensive administration; deals; and transportation and material moving. It encompasses highest paying occupations, most new jobs, and fastest growing occupations (Doyle, 2004). When you go the BLS website, they give advice to high schoolers, but it is applicable to adults as well. There is a lot to think about when choosing a career (Torpey, 2015). I can explore my interests and learn about myself. Say if I like a certain area, I need to ask myself why I like it. What do I like about it? Why do I like it? Questions like that. It is a valuable resource for me for the future. 
RESOURCES
Doyle, A. (2004, May 2). Check Out the Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved from https://www.thebalancecareers.com/what-is-the-occupational-outlook-handbook-2058465
Torpey, E. (2015, January 7). Career planning for high schoolers : Career Outlook: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/careeroutlook/2015/article/career-planning-for-high-schoolers.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today's Top Picks for Our Readers:
Recommended by Recommended by NetLine

Blog Archive

Featured Post

Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Business Case Study

Business Case:   Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare    Operations Management Report   Table of Content...

Translate