Search This Blog

Friday, February 14, 2020

Enhancing Knowledge Management through Effective Leadership Styles


Effective leadership is extremely important, and a company will not survive if the leadership is not aligned with the mission, values and strategic plan. Communication and interactions are important starting with leadership down. A good leader leads by example. To gain a competitive advantage of rivals it is extremely important for a company to use knowledge and resources effectively. That includes knowledge sharing from all leaders and employees. The success or failure of a company depends on the support level of top management (Ullah, R., Khattak, S. R., Khan, R., & Sana, A., 2019). For example, my company just merged with another company and I just became second in command on the leadership team. The prior management there had a problem communicating with the team, she did not do it intentionally but none of the team members at the company respected or cared for her, just based of her communication style. I came in and I always lead by example and treat the team how I want to be treated, I don’t except the, to do anything I wouldn’t do. I take the time to listen to their concerns and address the issues that they bring to me, so we now have a great understanding and production has been at a all-time high. I just have a different way of communicating with the team.

References:
Ullah, R., Khattak, S. R., Khan, R., & Sana, A. (2019). Enhancing Knowledge Management through Effective Leadership Styles: Evidence from Pakistan. Dialogue (1819-6462)14(3), 23–29.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today's Top Picks for Our Readers:
Recommended by Recommended by NetLine

Featured Post

Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Business Case Study

Business Case:   Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare    Operations Management Report   Table of Content...

Translate