Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Career Planning with Career Services in a University

Receiving top performance grades in school only amount to the number of opportunities that are appointed to any individual. Being able to obtain those skills and functional knowledge outside of school in the workplace will tell if there has been actual growth of knowledge. The career services center has a plethora of options to choose from. From interacting with students, to finding job postings.

Career Services

The key features and benefits of the Career Services are allowing students that are close to graduation of just in general a chance to connect with each other as well as find job positions that are opening. This allows the students to be interactive, persistent, dedicated and motivated for their future. Understanding that these options are just options. Students are also able to look for opening positions on other sites as well. My opinion on the Career Service department is to help students progress in the right direction outside of school. Containing the right amount of information for the right job.

This platform also provides resume advice. Which is phenomenal, because there are a lot of people no matter the age that cannot construct a well-thought out resume that meets business standards. I think this platform will provide insight and guidance to me in the future because I graduate in May. It is literally around the corner. Providing all and any type of information on job openings as well as current positions that need to be filled locally would help.

This will allow me to better further my commitment to myself for continuing my journey as well as education in the long-run. Accepting that the Career Service can only do so much. It is there job to help find local positions, but it is the student’s duty to fulfill that position. Such as filling out the paperwork, posting their resume(s), and providing the right information and background to basically sell themselves to the company.

The main component that will help me compose a very well thought out plan for my future will be the job postings. This will provide and direct me with proper long-term guidance that will help establish my future. Basically, allowing me to better prepare myself for my family and the lifestyle that I want to obtain. Thus, this will provide a better learning experience for the present and the future judgement.

The Career Services will be useful to me for the present because if I can obtain a job that is local right now making the same amount if not more than what I am currently, I would be able to set my future goals higher. Containing a position in my field for management would be great but depending on the job and the business it also might be demanding. When jumping into a new business, this will show how intelligent and hardworking you can be. Every business is different. Which means that a lot of project management positions may come with a bunch of stress and high demanding components. There are other jobs that required the same duties but may not cause a lot of stress or demanding components. That is why, searching for jobs and jumping back and forth will allow for better judgement as well as understanding what an individual is really looking for.

Career Service department also provides exceptional guidance on providing and constructing cover letters. For most businesses cover letters and resumes are key components that will allow your application to stand out from other candidates. Thus, constructing your profile to further the process by being called for an over the phone interview or in person interview. These options aren’t foreign to me. I have contributed to a plethora of in person and over the phone interviews from my past experiences in my field. As well as constructing personal relationship from previous workplaces. I don’t know what the future holds, but I do hope that I can become something that is bigger than myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today's Top Picks for Our Readers:
Recommended by Recommended by NetLine

Featured Post

Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Business Case Study

Business Case:   Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare    Operations Management Report   Table of Content...

Translate