Search This Blog

Monday, April 1, 2019

Work Values


Achievement
Before I joined the military, I had to take a test to show I can work and am useful to the mission.  I scored tremendously well and found I job that suited me and something that I could be proud of and this was an achievement.  I knew my job was special because every time I done something well I was treated with more and more respect.  In the workplace this is called achievement through the military because of how fast you can get promoted.
Recognition
This is a work value which is important to not only me but anyone working hard daily.  I see if not every day but every week soldier’s getting recognized for their hard work.  Doing this you have to study, be alert, and want to learn more because things are constantly changing not only within the organization but around us as well.  And it is imperative that employees know you care about their work ethics. 
Support
Support is a work value I hope everyone understands especially in the military where there are thousands of suicides which could be prevented.  They could be prevented through battle buddies talking, and even supervisors taking care of their soldiers and making sure they are okay.  I remember having a soldier who did not say two words for days and I noticed it, so I sent his squad leader to talk to him.  We found out he was having problems at home and just needed a listening ear which I made sure we were always available when this occurs.  In the end the soldier and his family started counseling and better off rather than I person not talking to him and something terrible happen to him or his family.  These are takin into account when you are a leader and have to lead.
Summary
All of these are my strengths within the workplace, but I can still improve in others.  I can build better relationships rather than always trying to lead and teach.  This can go with my profession in the military and in the business, world were my employees can come for guidance and a helping hand.  Satisfying a person’s needs can always be hard when you’re in a leadership position but listening and caring will be the key to successful businesses and relationships.
Works Citied
O'NET. (n.d.). Retrieved June 25, 2018, from https://www.onetonline.org/find/descriptor/browse/Work_Values/
Blau, G., & Ryan, J. (1997). On measuring work ethic: A neglected work commitment facet. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 51, 435-448

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today's Top Picks for Our Readers:
Recommended by Recommended by NetLine

Blog Archive

Featured Post

Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Business Case Study

Business Case:   Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare    Operations Management Report   Table of Content...

Translate