Monday, April 1, 2019
Before I joined the military, I had to take a test to show I can work and am useful to the mission. I scored tremendously well and found I job that suited me and something that I could be proud of and this was an achievement. I knew my job was special because every time I done something well I was treated with more and more respect. In the workplace this is called achievement through the military because of how fast you can get promoted.
This is a work value which is important to not only me but anyone working hard daily. I see if not every day but every week soldier’s getting recognized for their hard work. Doing this you have to study, be alert, and want to learn more because things are constantly changing not only within the organization but around us as well. And it is imperative that employees know you care about their work ethics.
Support is a work value I hope everyone understands especially in the military where there are thousands of suicides which could be prevented. They could be prevented through battle buddies talking, and even supervisors taking care of their soldiers and making sure they are okay. I remember having a soldier who did not say two words for days and I noticed it, so I sent his squad leader to talk to him. We found out he was having problems at home and just needed a listening ear which I made sure we were always available when this occurs. In the end the soldier and his family started counseling and better off rather than I person not talking to him and something terrible happen to him or his family. These are takin into account when you are a leader and have to lead.
All of these are my strengths within the workplace, but I can still improve in others. I can build better relationships rather than always trying to lead and teach. This can go with my profession in the military and in the business, world were my employees can come for guidance and a helping hand. Satisfying a person’s needs can always be hard when you’re in a leadership position but listening and caring will be the key to successful businesses and relationships.
O'NET. (n.d.). Retrieved June 25, 2018, from https://www.onetonline.org/find/descriptor/browse/Work_Values/
Blau, G., & Ryan, J. (1997). On measuring work ethic: A neglected work commitment facet. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 51, 435-448
- Organizations need managers and leaders
- Information management, planning, and control in a...
- Integrated Business Planning
- How Good Are Your Decision-Making Skills?
- Management information systems are distinct
- Strategic Management and Strategic Leadership
- Alternative Method in Healthcare in Saudia Arabia
- Supply chain management processes.
- Parent Tips
- Instagram, The Digital Phenomena
- The agile method
- Uber Engineering the Architecture of Rider app
- Alternative Method for Developing a System
- Challenges for alignment of IT strategies and busi...
- Alternative Methods of System Development
- technical questions
- IT Strategic Alignment
- SDLC models
- IT strategy requires strong IT leadership
- SDLC models development
- Agile is an iterative project management style
- Leadership and Management Decisions
- Strategic planning increases success
- Strategic IS plan
- Motorola is a reputed smartphone brand
- IT strategies enhance the value of the firm
- system development cycle
- Important points about the alignment of IT with th...
- Boise Cascade Corporation Alternative Systems Deve...
- Poor communication hurts strategy
- Role of IT in supply chain operation of IKEA
- Hotel Contract Signature Page
- Perspectives on Accenture and Intel
- IT and Business Goals
- Hotel Contract Claims And Disputes and Arbitration...
- Importance of Training in Strategy
- IT Business Objectives
- Systems Development and Project Management
- Information Systems Development
- Hotel Contract Obligations of the Hotel
- Strategy planning
- Rapid technological developments
- System Development
- Hotel Contract Indemnification and Insurance
- Information Systems Strategy
- Sustaining Business IT alignment
- Development of the IT strategic plan
- IT Strategy is Critical to Success
- Leadership Strategic Decision-Making
- The importance of aligning IT strategies with busi...
- Hotel Contract Rights of Termination for Cause
- Business IT Allignment
- Information strategy is critical
- IT Alignment with Business Strategy
- Creating Business Value with IT
- Utilizing IT Strategy
- Hotel Contract Changes and Cancellation
- Success of Strategy depends on implementation succ...
- Aligning Information Technology with Business Stra...
- IT Strategy
- Aligning the business and IT goals
- Hotel Contract Billing Arrangements
- Hotel Contract Reservation Procedures
- Hotel Contract for Food and Beverage
- One Day in Shanghai
- Hotel Contract for Room Block Attrition
- Restaurant Sommelier Memo Notice of New Grape Vari...
- Hotel Contract for Commission, Complimentary Rooms...
- What to know about machine learning and customer s...
- Hotel Contract for Group Room Rates
- Leading a Big Team Is Different from Leading a Sma...
- Does IT Matter Research Kit
- Mount Forest Vineyards Business Memo
- Contemporary Job Search Tips for 2019
- Information Power in Customer Service
- Using Expert Power in Human Resources
- Wine Training memo
- Terminating a family member
- The External Marketing Environment in the Global M...
- Termination Process
- Hotel Contract Policies
- Work Values
- ▼ April (82)
- ► 2018 (43)
- ► 2017 (91)
- ► 2016 (177)
Business Case: Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Operations Management Report Table of Content...